Selecting a Virtual Background when using Zoom is a fun, easy way to personalize your video conference experience, whether you're a student enrolled in an online learning course or a teleworking employee.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to set your own Virtual Background, as well as over 20 WVU backgrounds that you can download and use!
Setting your own Virtual Background when using the Zoom application on your computer
- Download the Zoom desktop application.
- Click on the Settings icon located on the right-hand side of the screen. The icon should look similar to this emoji: ⚙️
- Once in settings, select Virtual Background from the list of options located on the left.
- You can now select any of the backgrounds that Zoom provides, or upload a photo or video of your choice. To upload a photo or video, first, click on the "+" symbol located on the right.
- Choose whether you would like to upload a photo or video, and then select that file from your computer.
- You're all set! Note: The background you choose in settings will be visible in all of your Zoom meetings.
Setting your own Virtual Background when using the Zoom application on your phone
- Download the Zoom phone application through their website or your App Store.
- Open the Zoom application. Sign in.
- Join your meeting.
- Tap the three dots at the bottom right to open the More menu.
- Tap Virtual Background.
- Select one of Zoom's defaults or upload your own! Note: Under Settings (on the lower right-hand side) and within the Meetings menu, you can choose if you'd like to keep your Virtual Background for all of your meetings or your current meeting only.